The widest range in europe
Since 1959, we have been a central player in the surface treatment of technical parts. We offer electroless nickel deposits using the Kanigen® process, electroless nickel plating containing varying levels of phosphorus content and specific variants, such as co-deposited layers, in meeting specific customer requirements.
Kanigen Group makes its own electroless nickel deposition bath formulations and can, depending on requirements, plate with low, medium or high levels of phosphorus.
The coatings comply with the ELV, WEEE and RoHS directives. The company also complies with the European chemical regulation REACH.
The processes are compatible with section 1502 of the U.S. legislation known as the 'Dodd-Frank Act', California's Proposition 25, along with European initiatives concerning tantalum, tin, gold, tungsten or their derivatives known as 'covered minerals'.
In addition to producing electroless nickel using the Kanigen® process, we also offer co-deposition layers such as electroless nickel with PTFE or matt black electroless nickel.
Several variations of this treatment are available:
- Kanigen® Electroless Nickel (9-12 wt% P)*
- Low phosphorus Electroless Nickel (1-3 wt% P)*
- Non-Magnetic - High Phosphorus Electroless Nickel (>10.5 wt% P)*
- Hard Electroless Nickel*
- Diffused Electroless Nickel
- Electroless Nickel with PTFE (>20 V% PTFE)*
- Matt Black Electroless Nickel
(*) The deposits used for automotive applications are registered in the IMDS database.
wt% P = phosphorus level in weight percentage.
The electroless nickel plating process makes it possible to treat a broad spectrum of materials used within the industry. Kanigen Group primarily treats carbon, alloyed and stainless steels, cast iron, aluminium and copper alloys, etc., along with other more special materials such as silver (Ag), INVAR, 17-4PH, etc.
In recent years, we have specialised in the processing of all grades of aluminium, including not only the 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series, but also die-cast and injected aluminium, with the exception of ZAMAK alloys.
Treatments are carried out in barrels, rack-plated or with dedicated fixtures. If appropriately designed and prepared, welded parts can also be treated.
One automated line dedicated to the treatment of carbon, low-alloyed steels and copper alloys.
Kanigen Works Benelux
- One automated line dedicated to the electroless nickel plating of aluminium parts
- One automated line dedicated to the processing of turning steels
- One manual line for processing large-scale parts:
- Carbon and low-alloyed steels: 3,100 x 2,200 x 2,000 mm
- Aluminium: 2,600 x 2,050 x 1,000 mm
- One manual line for all substrates
- One grey room for products destined for the semiconductor markets.