Diffused Electroless nickel
Diffused high phosphorous electroless nickel is a Kanigen® electroless nickel deposit with 10 wt% phosphor (P). After heat treatment > 600° C, a diffusion layer appears in the carbon steel substrate resulting in an enhanced :
- Corrosion resistance
- Wear resistance in extreme conditions
Properties of diffused electroless nickel depostits
- P content 10 wt%.
- Electroless nickel deposit in compressive stress.
- A layer thickness of 75 µm
- The heat treatment > 600°C results in a diffusion layer of 2 - 4 µm in carbon steel.
- After bending over a mandrel through an angle of 180° until failure of the basis occur, according to ASTM571, no cracks appear in the diffusion layer.
- Hardness of the deposit after heat treatment: 650 - 750 HV0,1
Diffused ENP after bend test
- flowmeters for natural gas
- on- and offshore applications
- subsea applications
The strengths of the Kanigen Group
- High phosphorous electroless nickel
- Large bath dimensions:
- 3100 x 2200 x 2000 mm
- D800 x 3800 mm
- Compliant with current standards.