Black bright electroless nickel
Black bright electroless nickel consists of an electroless Kanigen® nickel plating, with a second electroless nickel plating layer, with specific wt% P, on top. That top layer is then passivated until a uniform bright black colour occurs.
This layer, perfectly black and bright, without irrisation, combined with a high phosphorus electroless nickel coating, allows us to serve markets in search of a visual (esthetic) aspect combined with specific chemical, mechanical properties.
The corrosion resistance is determined by the high phosphorus electroless nickel layer, whose thickness is determined depending on the needs of the customer.
The electroless nickel process makes it possible to treat a broad spectrum of metals that are used in industry. The most common that are found at Kanigen Group are: construction steel, alloyed steel, cast iron, stainless steel, aluminium alloys, copper alloys, ...
We also treat more uncommon materials like : silver (Ag), INVAR, 17-4 PH, …
Properties of bright electroless nickel
- thermal expansion coefficient : 13 – 15 µm/mK
- thermal conductivity : 0,0105 – 0,0135 cal/cm/s/°C
- electrical resistance : 35 – 80 µΩ/cm
- contact resistance (Mil-DTL-38999L) : it passes the test
- thermal resistance : no decolouration after 25h at 200°C
- UV resistance : no decolouration after 200 h continuous exposition
Applications where the esthetical aspect must be combined with corrosion resistance.
The strenghts of Kanigen Group
Our bath dimensions are 1500 x 650 x 650 mm.